Saturday, July 21, 2012

Getting My Sexy Back, And Make It A Foursome!

Yup...Sexy


Getting my sexy back is going to take a lot more than just getting out the door and running, I realized this when trying to get out the door and running yesterday. My four month old was up and ready to go at 5:30 a.m. and that puts a halt on just going out the door. Once he fell back to sleep, the rest of the army rises and wants food, water, toys, and all the other demands children make. I soon realized the only way this was going to work in my favor, was if we made it a foursome.

With stroller in tow, my three sons and I made our way to the 200 meter indoor track. My two older boys (4 & 5) along with myself, are signed up for a 5K in August called the Color Run. Since we are doing a 5K in August, I figured I would show them exactly what they are in for. As a parent I am very excited to see them participate in their first run. As a runner....I am beyond the moon excited!



So, how did my boys do their first training day for their first 5K? They were ah-mazing! They did the whole 5K! Maybe running with my kiddos is just what I need to do to ensure I will have some sort of guaranteed  partners as I grow old. If anything, I can pass on my good, healthy habits to my kids rather than any bad ones. How did I do? Not bad. Honestly I felt great. I feel like I only took a few weeks off, rather then months. Not a bad start to getting back into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment