Monday, December 13, 2010

Charted, Dated, and Mapped

So last night before bed I decided that I would pull out the 2011 'free' calendar American Family Insurance gave us, and start counting back the weeks from race days. Officially I begin a 13 week training program for the Wisconsin Half marathon on January 31st. A program that I have put together that includes a little Higdon, a little Hanson brothers, and a little of ME.
One week after the half, I have to start training for the Womens Trek Triathlon. That is the cycling part of it anyways. You see, I have recently decided that I had to take on the triathlon when I went looking for my Christmas present on Black Friday. (Yes, I went to shop for me. It's how you get things done).
I wanted a Garmin 405 Forerunner. For those of you who don't know, it is a shnazzy watch that is GPS too, and tells you how far, how fast, and your heart rate, all whilst running. Well, these bad boys are spendy. $300.00-$400.00, never on sale. I repeat NEVER on sale. I walked into Sports Authority looking for, well nothing really, because I know they do not carry GPS watches. Then I noticed they had Garmins, they must have just started carrying these, and man was I happy! Then, quickly let down. Because, like I mentioned, Garmins are never on sale.The salesmen asked me if I would like to look at the Timex IRONMAN watch......I laughed. 'Ha, yeah right. I cannot afford those.'
Well, the Timex IRONMAN watch was 30% off and it had a $50.00 rebate, so I bought that dang thing, and it is beautiful. It has ALL the bells and whistles you could ever ask for in a runners watch. Including everything you need for cycling, and swimming too, hence the IRONMAN name of the watch.
Wait a tic....I don't swim, yet. You see, I have an amazing bike. TREK Womens Edition Pilot  5.0 all carbon fiber. Beautiful bike. Here's the sad part, it has roughly 75 miles on it. I never really use it, because I love to run. I got the bike, I got the running shoes, I bought this fantazmic watch. So, now, I will become a swimmer.
Three weeks after starting tri training, I begin training for my full marathon. I do not need any special training for the relay in June, because of all the running I will be doing for my half, and the tri.
The first few weeks of the marathon training are not that  heavy in the miles, so I won't tire out before the tri. The heavy miles kick in right after the tri. My main goal this marathon training process is A LOT of miles. A LOT.
So, for today, as I am re-building my base, I worked my arms and core. Tomorrow, I run. Only 2 miles. Nothing much. This weeks mileage is 9.
I really look forward to the day I type this weeks mileage is 75......goals, gotta love them.

January begins my swimming lessons. Yes, I know how to swim. But only to save my life, not to compete.
Well, I do need to finish my calendar andI have not yet decided how many 20 milers I wanna hit this training round.

No comments:

Post a Comment