Sunday, December 12, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

So it begins. A time in my life where I decide what I am going to do to challenge myself in the up and coming year. Last year it was to run a marathon....or in my case cross the finish line.
I discovered in training that I am fully capable of running and completing the race; and most certainly with a good time. But to my own dismay, I would rather quit than fail. It was very hard to admit this. During training, if my time was not what I was anticipating, I would quit. Wow, that looks bad in words. I have over come this feeling and have realized that there will always be bad runs. Bad days. Bad weather. Bad times. But there is always good runs. Good days. Good weather. Good times. With knowing that I had to realize that there is also, bad races, and good.
My first marathon...bad race. Cancelled race. I felt defeated. My time....we won't go there. I had surgery days after my race, and left running in the dust. For approximately 5 months. Yikes.
Well....I'm Back!

For 2011 I have a few different things planned. All of which are goals too.
*A half marathon in May. The only person that knows I can run a sub 2.00.00 half ran a 2.12.00 with me (unofficially).
*A 200 mile relay in June. We will run from Madison to Chicago, we being a team of 12.
*A triathlon in July, The Women's Trek 1/2 mile swim, 13 mile bike, 3 mile run.
*Then (fingers crossed) NYC Marathon. I will find out in April if I get picked through the lottery system. If I do not get picked this year, (year 2) then I will be running the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee. My goal for the Lakefront is sub 4.20.00
My goal for NYC.....FINISH

So for this blog, I am going to post the ups and downs of a Mother-Runner. I am going to post what it takes for a mother to train for the 4 different events. What sacrifices are made. What rewards and punishments I will endure to reach my dreams. Who knows, maybe this will become a daily, weekly, or monthly blog that no body reads, and I find it to be a waste of time that I could have spent running.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on gettting back in it! Can't wait to follow your blog:) I'm sure it will inspire me as you always do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel. You are more of an inspiration to me than you will ever know. You make me want to be a better friend, mother, wife, woman, and just all around better person. I WILL be following your blog and suggesting it to several of my friends. Keep it up girl, you can't see me right now but I am smiling. I am so proud to call you my BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, I'm so proud of you and all that you do. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didnt see the stx 70.3 on your list...

    ReplyDelete