Sunday, July 15, 2012

*does eating count?

Whether it be small or large, do something each day, that makes you sweat...and no, eating does NOT count.

And so it begins, my training that is. I have NOT run since September 2011. It is suggested that you have a good base under your belt prior to starting your marathon training. A good base is running for 1-2 years with a minimum of 35-40 mpw. It is also very highly recommended to have some half marathons in there to, and other distances so you can get a feel for what your body does on race day.
OK. I have conquered all of these recommendations.

Prior to my 10 month hiatus I was averaging 65-75 mpw, I have 5 half marathons, 4 5K's, 2 10K's, and 1 marathon under my belt. But I have no clue how to approach my passion once agiain, like a beginner. Becasue that is exactly what it is going to be like. 

I knew this day would come, and I knew I would feel exactly the way I feel right now. I am feeling like I am going to start my routine once again and just really beat myself up. Both phusically and mentally. That first run, is going to kick my butt. My lungs are going to burn. My legs are going to be tight. My butt is going to jiggle....ugh. I loathe starting at the begining yet again. I do love that because of my history and my relationship with running, it will not take as long to get to my base as it did in the begining. I just know that I have not sweat like a runner in very long time. Maybe its also because I know where I was before and how hard I worked to get there, and that I have to do all that hard work again.

This time around I feel way more prepared. I know what to wear (to prevent chub-rub). I know what to do when my IT band gets tight. I know what I need, when I need it. In that respect I feel very good about this. What freaks me out, feeling like a failure. You know that from reading my past posts, wow, this is still so sad to admit, but in my past I would rather have quit then fail. Now, I have to just accept that I am going to fail a few things getting back, and hell, thats ok.
How in the world will I go out there and NOT compare myself to the old self? I am so competitive with myself that this week will either be a very irritating and self loathing week, or I may just surprise myseslf. Here's hoping for the latter. Here's hoping that failure of NOT being my former self will just propel me into a more improved version of her.

So, those of you who are facing tomorrow and you are on the brink of starting something this week, let this be your motto :

"GO DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU SWEAT."

Do it each day. Big or small. Easy or hard. Just sweat. Sweat out the frustrations. Sweat out the irritations. Sweat out the pain. Sweat out the complications. Once you have done that, fill yourself back up with motivation, and inspiration to wake up and do it all over again.
Heres to a week of sweat...oye vay.

No comments:

Post a Comment